If you are attempting to pay for an order and receiving a message that the card has been declined, there are a few possible reasons.
It's important to realize that the "declined" message is not coming from our software, it is coming directly from your bank or card provider when we try to take the charge. Please contact your bank for more details.
Unfortunately, we do not get back any specific information about why the card is being declined, or how to correct it. The most common causes (according to the banks themselves) for a "card declined" message are:
- Your credit card number and expiry date appear to be wrong (in which case you would check and retry. See details below.)
- You are using a debit card, and your bank won't allow this transaction on a debit card.
If contacting your bank isn't an option at the current time, we suggest trying the following:
- Clear the cache in your current browser and re-enter your information again. (Be sure you are re-entering the information again and it is not populating on its own.)
- Try making your purchase in a different internet browser.
- Try using a different credit card.
- Try using the PayPal option.