To reduce errors, Amazfit Verge sets an initial value of 10, which means it will count steps when you walk more than 10 steps. In other words, the Amazfit App will show the real walking steps and start counting from step 10.
Our products gather your step/calorie data via an algorithm our team made that determines how far one's arm would swing while walking at a normal pace. This algorithm is based off of the height, weight and gender of user.
This means that if your arms are stationary wile you work out (i.e. your hands are on your bikes handlebars or in you pocket while walking) it will not register your steps taken/calories burned, but might register them when you arms move while driving or waving to someone.
If the issue still persists, please attempt the following steps when you do an activity next time. Our tech support will check the log and help locate the issue.
1. Swipe down from the watch home screen, you can see sixth icons Settings
2. Tap the sixth icon Settings
3 Swipe up until you find Huami Lab and Feedback
4. Tap Huami Lab and you will see Sensor capturing
5. Click to turn on Sensor capturing
6. Choose Walking to start your activity (please make sure you will not start the walking before the GPS is available)
7. Please walk for about 1 kilometer and after you finish the walking, please turn off Sensor capturing
8. Tap Feedback to generate reports
9. Tap Profile at the bottom right of Amazfit App and send us the Amazfit ID which is right below the user icon.
10. Submit a feedback (Amazfit App➡Profile➡Feedback)
11. Please let us know how many steps your watch counts and send us a screenshot of the Routes and Graph from that activity.